"Write about your best friend". Here's the problem, I have 3 people that I call "best friends". Besides those 3 people, I also have LOTS of people I categorize as my "good friends". These are the people I can talk to about a lot of stuff, I love hanging out with them, and they make me laugh. Most likely, if you have ever hung out with me before, I would consider you a "good friend". Unfortunately, this isn't dedicated to my "good friends", it's dedicated to my "best friend(s)".
I guess I'll go alphabetically. That means best friend #1 is Becca Dorian. I have known Becca for a little over 2 years now. We met on August 11, 2008. I can tell you the exact day that we met because we met at a church camp called "Especially For Youth" (EFY). We were in the same "company" or group. In fact, since Aug 11 is our "anniversary", we call each other or text each other every year. It's super cute. The funny thing about Becca and my friendship is that the only time that we really hung out that week was on the very last night. My roommate had already gone to bed and I couldn't sleep. I was already kind of friends with a girl in the room next door named Caitlin (best friend #2), and she had told me that I could come over whenever. I walked over to hang out with the people in her dorm room and became friends with Becca Dorian there. We hung out ALL night. That night was definitely life-altering. Because of that night, I bonded with Becca enough for her to e-mail me when we got home. We talked and talked and TALKED over e-mails and Facebook. Pretty soon we were talking almost every day, and the friendship was easy.She lived in San Diego, only a few minutes away from my grandpa. I have never been mad at Becca... I miss her like crazy! Since EFY, I have gone down to visit her at least 4 times. Becca is one of the most amazing people I know. She listens to me whenever there's a problem. She's never judging and she always has a smile on. I can relate to her soo much and I love her to death!!! I know that she will always be there for me, and I will ALWAYS be there for her. I can't wait for BYU because I will be able to see her every day. I feel like I have known her forever. I SURE LOVE YA, BECCA!!!
I guess I'll go alphabetically. That means best friend #1 is Becca Dorian. I have known Becca for a little over 2 years now. We met on August 11, 2008. I can tell you the exact day that we met because we met at a church camp called "Especially For Youth" (EFY). We were in the same "company" or group. In fact, since Aug 11 is our "anniversary", we call each other or text each other every year. It's super cute. The funny thing about Becca and my friendship is that the only time that we really hung out that week was on the very last night. My roommate had already gone to bed and I couldn't sleep. I was already kind of friends with a girl in the room next door named Caitlin (best friend #2), and she had told me that I could come over whenever. I walked over to hang out with the people in her dorm room and became friends with Becca Dorian there. We hung out ALL night. That night was definitely life-altering. Because of that night, I bonded with Becca enough for her to e-mail me when we got home. We talked and talked and TALKED over e-mails and Facebook. Pretty soon we were talking almost every day, and the friendship was easy.She lived in San Diego, only a few minutes away from my grandpa. I have never been mad at Becca... I miss her like crazy! Since EFY, I have gone down to visit her at least 4 times. Becca is one of the most amazing people I know. She listens to me whenever there's a problem. She's never judging and she always has a smile on. I can relate to her soo much and I love her to death!!! I know that she will always be there for me, and I will ALWAYS be there for her. I can't wait for BYU because I will be able to see her every day. I feel like I have known her forever. I SURE LOVE YA, BECCA!!!
Best friend #2, as previously mentioned, is Caitlin Lang. Similarly to Becca, I met Caitlin at EFY in 2008. The only difference between my friendship with Caitlin and Becca is that I became friends with Caitlin earlier on in the week. I can tell you that we kind of "clicked" on the Wednesday of that week. The reason I know that is because her brother was going into the MTC (Missionary Training Center) that day, and I could relate to her. I loved every minute I spent with her that week and was really excited when I decided to spend the night in her room on the last night. It definitely sealed our friendship. When we got home, we e-mailed back on forth like EVERY day. We talked about our counselor Baley, boys, our families, school, you name it. I loved coming home from school and racing to the computer to read my e-mail from her. It made my freshman year a little easier. When she finally got her Facebook, I was so excited. Communication would be so much easier. I was kind of sad because we don't really e-mail each other any more, BUT we have the opportunity to Facebook each other whenever we want. I love it. Caitlin also lives in San Diego. I'm so jealous that the two of them live so close. The three of us are best friends. Whenever I come to town it's a big party/reunion. It's amazing and it makes my life. Caitlin is SO amazing. She is absolutely gorgeous and if I was a boy, I would be allll over her :P that's a little awkward... but seriously she's freaking beautiful. She also has a HILARIOUS sense of humor. She can always make me laugh, even when I want to cry. I also know that we are always there for each other and we will always be friends. I love her more than words can describe and I cannot WAIT until we can see each other again! :) I SURE LOVE YA, CAITLIN!!!
Best friend #3, Clare McCreary. Oh my gosh. I love this girl so much. We have been best friends since SECOND grade. If you do the math, that would be over eight years of "best-friendship". Of course, like any friendship, we've had our ups and downs. but what do you expect when two people are SO alike. I have no idea how I can even come close to describing what she means to me. She has been there during the worst times of my life, and she never left. I have been very stupid at times, yet she was still there. I have yelled and cried at her for absolutely no reason, yet she was still there. One instance that I can remember vividly is from freshman year. That was probably our worst year in regards to fighting. A definite "on-again-off-again" friendship. But one day we had gotten into a big fight. I was scared to talk to her because I was afraid she was so mad at me. I was dropped off at home one night after water polo, and I was locked out. I had no key and the rest of my family was gone. I tried calling a few people to see if I could just hang out at their house until my parents came home. I seriously called everyone I thought of, except Clare. I had this odd feeling that if I asked her to come pick me up, she'd say no. Finally, I was getting really cold (my hair was still wet) and I had been sitting outside for almost a half and hour. I couldn't stand it anymore. I started crying uncontrollably as I dialed Clare's number. I breathed a sigh of relief when her dad picked up the phone. He quickly handed the phone off to Clare, not wanting to deal with the tears. I asked her to pick me up, and almost immediately, she answered me with an absolutely! As her car pulled into the driveway, she got out of her car and I ran at her. We met up in a hug. That was the ultimate testament to me that she would always be there for me, no matter how dumb I can be. Clare is funny, smart, flirty, sometimes obnoxious (oh sally... :P), understanding, stubborn, cranky, ridiculously amazing, and she is my best friend. I'm so grateful we've been friends for so long. The hardest thing that I will ever do is graduate from high school, because it means that for the first time in over a decade, I won't be going to school with her. I love you so much Cware-Bear!
I know you're all jealous of my best friends. They are freaking amazing. I will always be grateful for them and cannot wait until the next chapter in our lives together! :)
-One Day at a Time

I love you soooo much Rachel!!!! You are one of my best friends too!!!! I'm so excited that you started a blog so I can look at it all the time!!!
ReplyDeletei just saw this... i am SOO excited that we all have blogs because we can TOTALLY keep up with what's going on in people's lives SO much easier!
ReplyDelete