Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PC # 5

"Day 5: Someone you would switch lives with for a day and why".

That's a really interesting question. When I was younger, I probably would've said a Disney princess or a famous actress. As I got older I know that I would've said one of my friends. But honestly, would I really want to switch lives with someone? I mean, everyone has their own set of issues and once you switch lives with that person, you not only have the problems of your own life, but you now know and can empathize with that other person's problems. You wouldn't ever forget the pains/ worries/ feelings which that person is struggling with. You might think that a person has "the perfect life", but deep down inside, they might be struggling with an immense amount of pain or hardship. If everyone has issues, what makes one person's life better than another's? Maybe after switching with someone you would realize that they have a hard life. It might even make you grateful for the life that you live, but could you ever forget that one day where you had to live with the sufferings of that person? How would you then treat that person in the future? Would you act differently? Even with a glimpse at another person's life, you wouldn't be able to process the problems that the person is dealing with. I personally believe that everyone is given the challenges that they're given because those are the ones which they can handle. Some people seem to have easy lives, but to them, the littlest thing might be the deciding factor. Or what if a person struggles with depression? Every little thing that they do becomes an obstacle.  You can't judge someone's trials based on how they compare to yours, because you don't really know what they're dealing with. I don't really think that I would like to switch lives with someone else. Be it a lifetime, a year, a month, a day, or a second... would you?

-One Day at a Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment